Media and Stories |
New Board of Directors appointed Roberto Italia Chairman and Giulio Ranzo CEO in continuity
Colleferro (Rome), 7 May 2020 – The new Board of Directors of Avio S.p.A. (or “The Company”),
elected by the Shareholders’ Meeting on the 6 of May 2020, was held today to appoint Chairman
and Chief Executive Officer as well as other key responsibilities as the per applicable regulation.
1. Appointment of the Chairman of the Board of Directors and of the Chief Executive Officer
Roberto Italia has been confirmed as Chairman of the Board of Directors just elected, while Giulio
Ranzo has been confirmed as Chief Executive Officer, with the assignment of all of the powers
instrumental to perform his duties.
The curricula vitae of the members of the Board of Directors are available on the company
website, (www.avio.com) in the Corporate Governance section.
2. Check of the independence requisites of the Directors
The Board of Directors assessed the independence requisites as per Article 11 of the Articles of
Association and the criteria set forth by Article 148, paragraph 3 of Legs. Decree No. 58/1998, as
set out by Article 147 ter, paragraph 4 of Legs. Decree No. 58/1998 with regards to the Directors
Elena Pisonero, Monica Auteri, Giovanni Gorno Tempini, Donatella Sciuto, Raffaele Cappiello,
Donatella Isaia and Stefano Pareglio, confirming the occurrence of the basing on the individual
declarations and other information available to the Board. It is therefore aknowledged that the
majority of the Members of the Board of Directors respects the independence requisite.
3. Nomination of the Supervisory Body ex D.Lgs 231/2001;
The Board of Directors has nominated its own Supervisory Body ex D. Lgs. 231/01, confirming
the following members: Alessandro De Nicola as Chairman, Raoul Francesco Vitulo and Giorgio
Martellino, with the assignment of all the duties, resources and powers listed in the 231 Model of
4. Deliberations concerning the Corporate Governance structure of the Company and the
current and proxy powers
The Board of Directors has also decided to:
- confirm Giulio Ranzo as administrator of the internal control and risk management system of
- confirm Alessandro Agosti as The Executive Officer for Financial Reporting, pursuant to Article
154-bis, paragraph 2, of the Consolidated Law on Finance (“Testo Unico della Finanza”);
nominate Alessandro Agosti as Investor Relator;
- to confirm Giorgio Martellino and Alessandro Agosti as Contact Person and substitute of the
Contact Person following art. 2.6.1 of the Market Rules (Regolamento Mercati di Borsa Italiana
- to confirm Manrico Mastria as Executive Officer in charge of the management of Strategic
activities related to the Golden Powers regulation;
- confirm Giorgio Martellino as Contact Person concerning the procedure for privileged
- confirm Salvatore Spinosa as Executive Officer for the transferral and export of weaponry,
according to Law n. 185/1990, conditional upon the deliberation from the Ministry of Defence,
according to DCPM of 24 November 2016.
Also, the proxies granted by the Company have been confirmed. Finally, Giorgio Martellino has
been confirmed as Secretary of the Board of Directors.
Giulio Ranzo, CEO of Avio, commented “We are delighted to see that the shareholders, with a
vast participation to the general meeting, have appointed a new Board of Directors which grants
continuity with the previous one while adding relevant new member to further strengthen the
set of competencies required for the business. We look forward to drive Avio for the next three
years with the objective to maximize shareholders’ value growth by capturing opportunities in
the rapidly growing Space market”.