Avio is a leading company in space propulsion, based in Colleferro, near Rome, Italy. The company offers competitive solutions for launching institutional, governmental and commercial payloads in Earth orbit through its Vega rocket family. The expertise and know-how acquired in over 50 years, currently allow Avio to compete with the top players in the segment of solid, liquid and cryogenic propulsion for space launchers and military tactical missiles.
We believe that bringing the space closer will generate wellbeing and benefits for people and society. Our challenge consists in growing continuously while achieving a new technological lead to accomplish our objective.
AVIO in the world
- Colleferro: Avio headquarters; main site for R&D; development and manufacturing of solid propellant motors and liquid propellant engines for launch vehicles and tactical propulsion systems; development of new space launchers
- Paris: headquarters of Europropulsion
- Rivalta di Torino: production of liquid oxygen turbopumps
- Airola: carbon fiber impregnation laboratory
- Guyana Space Center at Kourou: space launchers integration; propellant loading through Avio’s subsidiary REGULUS
Avio relies on joint ventures to accomplish its objective of ensuring a safe and reliable access to space to costumers. These companies are Spacelab S. p. A., Europropulsion S.A., Regulus and Se.Co.Sv.Im