Media and Stories |
New Board of Directors appointed Roberto Italia Chairman and Giulio Ranzo CEO in continuity
Rome, April 28, 2023 - The first meeting of the Board of Directors elected on the same date by Avio's Shareholders’ Meeting was held today, presided over by the Chairperson of the outgoing Board of Directors, Mr. Roberto Italia, to resolve, among other matters, on:
- Appointment of the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson of the Board of Directors and the Chief Executive Officer
Roberto Italia was confirmed in his role as Chairperson by the newly installed Board of Directors, while Giulio Ranzo was confirmed as Chief Executive Officer and granted the relevant powers to carry out the role.
Giovanni Gorno Tempini was appointed Vice-Chairperson.
The curricula vitae of the members of the Board of Directors are available on the Company’s website: (www.avio.com) in the Investor Relations section.
- Verification of the requirements of honourability, professionalism and independence of the Directors and Board of Statutory Auditors
The Board of Directors verified that the Directors possessed the requirements of honourability and professionalism pursuant to Article 147-quinquies of Legislative Decree No. 58 of February 24, 1998 (the CFA) and Article 11.1 of the Company's By-Laws. The Board of Directors also verified that the Directors Elena Pisonero, Giovanni Gorno Tempini, Donatella Sciuto, Raffaele Cappiello, Donatella Isaia and Marcella Logli the possessed the independence requirements set out in Article 11.2 of the Company’s By-Laws, and the criteria provided for in the Corporate Governance Code and Legislative Decree No. 58 of February 24, 1998, (CFA), ascertaining their existence on the basis of communications from the interested parties and other information available to the Board. These verifications demonstrated that the majority of the Directors on the Board meet the independence requirement. The Board of Statutory Auditors, during its first meeting on the same date, verified also the independence requirement of its members.
- Resolutions regarding the Functions of the Company's Corporate Governance and the powers of attorney in place
Avio’s Board of Directors resolved:
- to confirm the appointment of Mr. Giulio Ranzo as Director in charge of the Company’s Internal Control and Risk Management System;
- to confirm the appointment of Mr. Alessandro Agosti as Executive Officer for Financial Reporting pursuant to Article 154-bis of the CFA;
- to confirm the appointment of Mr. Alessandro Agosti as Investor Relator;
- to confirm the appointment of Mr. Giorgio Martellino and Mr. Alessandro Agosti as the Disclosure Officer and substitute Disclosure Officer respectively, pursuant to Article 2.6.1 of the Borsa Italiana S.p.A. Market Regulation.
- to confirm the appointment of Mr. Manrico Mastria as the Executive in charge of the Company's strategic activities pursuant to Golden Power regulations;
- to confirm the appointment of Mr. Giorgio Martellino as the information contact person for the inside information procedure;
- to confirm the appointment of Mr. Salvatore Spinosa as holder of the manufacturing and possession license for military goods, weapons and explosives ex R.D. of 18 June 1931 n.773.
At the same meeting, the assignment of proxies granted by the Company was also confirmed. Mr. Giorgio Martellino was confirmed in the role of Secretary of the Board of Directors.