Vega - Avio.com
2647
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-2647,page-parent,page-child,parent-pageid-2633,eltd-cpt-1.0,,avio theme-child-ver-1.0,moose-ver-1.7, vertical_menu_with_scroll,smooth_scroll,blog_installed,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.0.1,vc_responsive
 

Vega

A SMALL COMPETITIVE LAUNCHER

Since its maiden flight in February 2012, Avio’s new small, flexible launcher Vega has gained more and more esteem in the launchers’ and satellite industry. Reliability, versatility and efficiency are characteristics which make the Vega a real benchmark for both public and private competitors.

Produced by Avio through its subsidiary ELV, the new launcher successfully placed more than twenty payloads into orbit – including satellites, cubesats, the spaceplane IXV, a part of the SkySat constellation by Terra Bella of Google, the experiments on gravitational waves Lares and Lisa Pathfinder – making Vega a great success for both Avio and the over 40 companies that contributed to the project.

Through ELV, Avio is the lead designer and prime contractor for the launch vehicle, also acting as systems integrator. ELV is the Avio subsidiary company for developing, qualifying and producing space transportation systems, as the Avio launch Vehicle. ELV manages the Vega’s industrial supply chain, which includes companies from seven European countries. 65% of Vega is developed and manufactured in Italy, and the remaining 35% is made in Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden and France. The Vega program draws on Avio’s heritage in the Vega trajectory technology and manufacturing sectors, achieved through specific and qualified experiences over fifty years.

vega launcher

1° stage - p80 motor

2° stage - zefiro 23

3° stage - zefiro 9

4° stage - avum

PAYLOAD FAIRING

PAYLOAD ADAPTERS

v-gnc navigation

vodb

By using this website, you agree to accept our cookie policy. find out more

Questo sito utilizza i cookie per fornire la migliore esperienza di navigazione possibile. Continuando a utilizzare questo sito senza modificare le impostazioni dei cookie o cliccando su "Accetta" permetti il loro utilizzo.

Chiudi